Thursday, October 9, 2008
Vibrant Young Women Convene!
Young Women Leadership Institute Program, Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria September 22-27, 2008
Twenty three young feminists from the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria participated in the Young Women’s Leadership Institute whose goal is to develop and enhance the leadership potentials of young women in order for them to aspire and occupy leadership and decision making positions in Nigeria.
The training had the following objectives:
• To create awareness on the relationship between Globalization, Millennium Development Goals and Leadership from a feminist perspective.
• To develop and enhance the leadership potentials of the young women
• To mobilize and mentor the young women into the feminist movement
• To foster the coalition of women’s human rights activists through information sharing and group monitoring
• To establish information sources as a means of monitoring and mentoring the young women........read more